Friday, April 2, 2010

OAMC April: Day 1, Part 1

Breakfast of champions...pop tarts and coffee.  Ahhh, my diet is so terrible lately.

In actuality, today is off to a shaky start.  I crashed last night without remembering to put meat into the fridge to get a head start on defrosting (when I'm looking at cutting up a chicken...this might be interesting).  My kids are blatantly refusing to eat anything this morning (with the exception of juice) so can anyone say cranky???  I have dirty dishes stacked up to...well there's a lot, because I didn't get an opportunity to do them last night.  I haven't slept in *looks at watch* ohhhh...about four days, so the term "walking zombie" doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling right now *yawn* (thanks my beautiful son).  On top of everything, I got handed some errands to do this morning as well, so I can't really START anything until after 10:00.

But, despite all of that I'm going to go ahead and attempt this sucker anyway!  Insane?  Me?  Probably *laugh*, but I'm determined to at least try.  Hopefully getting the kids out of the house will at least cheer them up a bit and allow me to get something done today.  And hopefully the fresh air will wake me up as well.  We'll see how it goes.

I've been revising the "master list" as I pulled things from my freezer and added a few things to do/make and I keep rethinking my plans on how to best use my baking dishes to freeze things as tight as possible.  I'll keep you appraised as I make stuff on what I'm doing and from where I'm getting the recipes from.

Well, I need to go and get the kids ready to go to get my errand running done.  Be back in a little bit!

No comments: