Saturday, January 28, 2012

Make Your Own Homemade Pledge!

Want to make some homemade pledge for your wood furniture?  Yeah, me too :).  So, here's some REALLY easy (and very cool) recipes to try.

Homemade Pledge Recipe One (Super Simple):

In a 2 Cup Spray Bottle combine:
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
Shake well before each use.

And here's another one that's a bit more complicated, but honestly I like it a bit better since I'm not sure how long the lemon juice will last before it starts growing things in your olive oil.

Homemade Pledge Recipe Two: (base recipe from The Make Your Own Zone)

In a 2 Cup (16 oz) Spray Bottle Combine:
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon essential oil (I use a combo of 1/4 tsp. sweet orange and 1/4 tsp. lemon essential oils just for a more "general citrusy type of smell.  If you don't mind the scent of vinegar you can even leave the essential oil out, but I don't see why you would want to :)
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1-3/4 to 2 cups water
Shake well before each use.

I'm still working on my own "homemade" recipe that will double as a leather conditioner (like my store bought "homemade pledge" that I buy from Picnic Basket Crafts), but haven't QUITE perfected it yet :).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Solar Panels London said...

What a simple recipe! I will definitely be trying it out! Thank you!

LizzieCaye said...

Can't wait to try this!!