Coffee. It used to be my lifeblood I swear. Now that I'm on a new diet, I'm supposed to drink tea, which I am, but I still allow myself that one blessed cup of coffee a week as a treat to myself. And so, I was super duper MEGA excited to participate in this Spark!
Here's a run down of the new Gevalia Kaffee Coffee from Kraft Foods (Gevalia) through My Blog Spark (direct from the e-mail they sent me)...
"Gevalia Kaffe is much more than your average ‘cup of joe.’ It’s a Swedish-style break from the usual coffee grind. Perfected by the Swedes’ passion for quality coffee for more than 150 years, Gevalia is an exquisitely rich smooth coffee experience that is never bitter. Gevalia isn’t just coffee, it’s ‘Kaffe’ to savor.
The Swedes know a thing or two about coffee. They know quality coffee should be savored and enjoyed. They also know you deserve a more unique/special coffee experience than what you can pick up on every street corner.
- Gevalia is a luxurious departure from the everyday, an escape from the routine cup of coffee. Whether it’s a morning ritual made just for you, or the finishing touch at a dinner party, it brings the taste of Swedish-style luxury into your home.
- In Sweden, where the citizens drink more coffee than almost anywhere else in the world, Gevalia is their preferred brand.
- In fact, Gevalia enjoys the honor of being an official coffee of the Swedish Royal Court.
Gevalia, now available at Safeway, brings unexpected Swedish-style luxury and rich, never bitter taste to the Safeway grocery aisle.
Gevalia has been refining the art of luxurious coffee since 1853 and has a deep history of finding and blending the finest Arabica coffee beans from locations around the world.
Gevalia is expertly made with carefully selected beans, ground extra fine, to produce a rich coffee experience.
Previously available online only, Gevalia is now offering its top-ten varieties in U.S. coffee supermarket aisles nationwide in 10 varieties, including roast and ground, whole bean, flavored and decaffeinated varieties:
Gevalia Traditional Roast (ground and whole bean):
Gevalia House Blend:
- Gevalia Traditional Roast provides a perfectly balanced taste every time. Our most beloved blend – made of choice, mountain-grown Arabica beans – this coffee has a distinctive body and flavor with a lighter intensity. (Medium Roast).
Gevalia House Blend Decaf :
- A Gevalia favorite, House Blend is a robust yet never bitter coffee. This roast has a captivating aroma that is only matched by its exceptional flavor. (Medium/Dark Roast).
Gevalia French Roast (ground and whole bean):
- Delivering the same rich, never bitter flavor, House Blend Decaf has the same robust taste without all the caffeine. (Medium/Dark Roast).
- Gevalia French Roast is a coffee of impressive richness and dimension, expertly crafted from prized Arabica beans grown in Colombia and Brazil. Hints of aromatic smoke give this dark-roasted French Roast blend an intense, yet uniquely satisfying flavor. (Dark Roast).
Gevalia Espresso Roast:
- Grown high in the Colombian Andes, these beans produce a rich, bright and well-bodied Colombian coffee. This single origin classic is world-renowned, which is why we have sourced these beans for decades. (Medium Roast).
- Gevalia Espresso Roast is made of premium, mountain-grown Arabica beans from East Africa and Central and South America. This roast is bold and full-bodied with a hint of caramel undertones. (Dark Roast).
Gevalia Chocolate Mocha:
- This rich blend with vanilla flavor notes is crafted from choice mountain-grown Arabica beans, then roasted for exceptional body and flavor. Gevalia Vanilla is a flavorful and balanced experience with a heavenly aroma.
- Gevalia Chocolate Mocha allows you to indulge your passion for decadent flavor. Rich, velvety chocolate flavor is blended with mountain-grown Arabica beans for a sweetly satisfying experience.
With its Swedish heritage and rich, never bitter taste, Gevalia is a premium coffee unlike any other.
- Having Gevalia in your kitchen means you care about the quality of the coffee you consume and enjoy rich, authentic flavors.
- Gevalia offers a variety of authentic rich flavors that are perfect for everything from a relaxing morning cup of coffee to an indulgent after dinner compliment."
I know, sort of a long explanation, but I wanted to make sure I included all of the flavors and descriptions too.
Kraft Foods (Gevalia), through My Blog Spark was kind enough to send me a kit with a Gevalia mug and two, count them, TWO bags of coffee to try out: The House Blend and the French Roast (pictured above).
I thoroughly enjoyed both blends, but I have to say that the House Blend won out as my favorite. It was just a bit, I don't know, lighter tasting. Both flavors, though, were extremely smooth, not at all bitter and I'm looking forward to slowly working my way through the bags as my "coffee escape" during the coming weeks.
Just a note: I'm not sure if these are yet available at our Safeways, although I'd assume they are as I BELIEVE I've seen Gevalia at Fred Meyer recently and I KNOW I saw bags at Three Bears (complete with tearpad coupons too), so be sure to check those places out if you can't find it at Safeway yet.
Kraft Foods (Gevalia), though MyBlogSpark was also kind enough to offer up another kit like the one I received to one lucky reader. So, it's GIVEAWAY TIME!!!
To join this giveaway is simple. Leave a comment after this post saying what flavor of Gevalia coffee you'd like to try most out of the list above.
Or, since Blogger can be sort of a pain about letting people post, you can also leave a comment after the post about this giveaway on Facebook and I'll count your entry from there. If all else fails feel free to E-mail Me and I'll put your name in the pot that way.
This giveaway will run from today (February 17, 2012) and run until February 24th, 2012. At that point I'll pick a winner via random.org and e-mail the winner, so if you want to know if you won PLEASE leave an e-mail so I can get in contact with you if you win (I'd put it in someone (at) somewhere (dot) com type of format to avoid spam bots nailing you though). The winner will have 4 days in which to get back to me or I will be forced to pick a new winner.
So, folks, go for it and good luck!
Disclaimer: (legal stuff) Kraft Foods has provided sample product to me and is providing the prizes for this program at no cost to me. This program is not administered or sponsored by Kraft Foods or its affiliates, but solely by Those Who Help Themselves.