Friday, December 12, 2014

A Gift a Day Day Six: Dexter the Baby Dinosaur (Panel Project)

One of the "lists" I make every year when figuring out Christmas is also the gifts I'm going to make for my children.  This year we had a pretty bad financial year, so I wanted to make sure I made the kids a bunch of gifts to well...to pad out the fact that Christmas morning might be a bit disappointing for them.

One of the things I wanted to do was to make a stuffed animal for my daughter, and I wanted the gifts to my kids to be "equal" I guess is a good way to put it.  So, I tried to think of something to give to my son that he'd like and use.  He's not really "into" toys much, but he does like pillows, so I thought completing the panel project I bought over the summer (some might recognize the little guy from Super Savings Saturday over the summer) might work out pretty cool.  Especially when I realized that he came with some items to tuck under his arm. 

Originally I guess the project came with four items, but buying it used, mine came with two.  But, that was okay, because my daughter and I are going to make a variety of things out of felt (shapes mostly) to help my son hopefully (and sneakily) learn some shape recognition while playing with his "dragon" (my daughter's term for him *laugh*).

Total time to complete project:  Two hours (mostly jamming in stuffing). 

Total Cost to Complete Project:  Nothing out of pocket.  Originally the panel project cost .50 at the yard sale, so you could count that I suppose.  I found my huge garbage bags full of batting out in our storage van, so I used that to stuff him with (sometimes timing is perfect, finding that batting was one of those times).

No comments: