Monday, January 2, 2012

Health and Beauty: A Really Cheap (and all natural) Eczema and Psorasis Relief Tip!



Okay, first I have NO idea how well this works, but I've hit some forums where people swear that this works and works well, so when you get that "eyebrow up into the sky" look on your face, please keep an open mind *laugh*.

Next time you have a bad psorasis or eczema break out, try reaching, not for your steroid creams first, but for the head of cabbage in your fridge.  Here's what you do...

1.  Take outer leaves of cabbage and rinse well under running water. Gently pat dry with clean cotton cloth or even better air dry.

2.  Spread leaves on a board or table so that the inner side of leaves face upwards (inner side of leaves must face up as they contain the most valuable nutrients with less chemicals).

3.  Bruise the inner sides by rolling out with a rolling pin (if you don't have a rolling pin use a glass that has a decently smooth surface on it and use that...it works in a pinch). This ensures that cells and nutrients are broken and that the juice is flowing. 
 
4.  Then wrap the leaves around the affected part of the body ensuring comfort. Secure with gauze or cloth (I'd think that cloth would be more comfortable). If you have a break out in an odd area I'd definitely ask for help with this.   Leave on for at least an hour. Remove leaves.

From what I understand, be prepared for an awful smell. This smell confirms that the toxin drawing properties of the cabbage has done it's job.  People have reported really astounding, and fast, results using this method, so I wanted to pass it along to others suffering from skin ailments.  Especially considering how cheap we can get cabbage up here :).  Makes me wish my son would put up with having cabbage strapped to him for an hour.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

can I use dried herbs instead of natural herbs as I can't seem to get hold of them here in the U.K

Anonymous said...

I couldn't leave a comment on the salve post, but I just wanted to say that I use almost the same recipe and it has been working fabulously for a variety of issues! The only difference is I add Yarrow and a few EOs, so as a bonus it helps to keep bugs away and works great for bug bites! Thank you so much for posting! You have a nice blog! :)