Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Have Fun With Your Food: How to Make Yogurt!

Image Courtesy of Faithful Provisions
Main reason I'm sharing this is because I'm making it tonight and am praying it comes out okay *laugh* (I'm just making 2 quarts though).  I bought some Vosko's yogurt special at Carrs to try this (look for live active cultures in your plain yogurt for your yogurt starter).  I hope it comes out okay, as I'm looking forward to some yogurt pie (one day I'll share the recipe), frozen yogurt and smoothies in my near future.

Go HERE where Frugal Granola shares a recipe for making yogurt that is so simple even I'm thinking of trying it *laugh*.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Life in My Land said...

Funny I was thinking about making yogurt too but I want to try Greek Style. I think the difference is straining out the whey a few times for a thicker end result. I love Greek yogurt and lately haven't found it when I go to Costco (they switched from Fage to Kirklands and I don't like it). I just can't bring myself to pay $5 for a tiny container so figured I'd see how it tasted if I make it. I'm curious to see how yours turns out. I probably won't attempt this until this weekend.

Erika, "The Make Do Homemaker" said...

Try subbing out some of the milk (I subbed out 1/2 cup per quart) for heavy cream. It worked like a charm for me. Woke up this morning to nice thick creamy white goodness :).

Found that trick on one of the natural food sites (for the life of me I can't remember which one) and it worked slick.