Friday, November 18, 2011

We Preserve it Wednesday (Late): How to make Your Own Salsa

Thanks to Tipnut.com for use of the image!
 How is it that this week just sort of got away with me on these daily posts.  Ooops!  Sorry about that.  If I can ever get the scheduling function on Blogger to work right I'd be set.

Anyway, if you are looking for a good way to preserve tomatoes for future use how about making your own salsa (and yes, I've substituted canned tomatoes MANY times if I don't have fresh and the salsa comes out tasting just fine.  Just make sure you use diced tomatoes, NOT petite diced...unless you like picante sauce...which in it's own right tastes good and all).

Go HERE where Tipnut gives you an insanely LONG list of salsa recipes as well as links on how to can it and/or freeze it for future use :).

Enjoy!

No comments: