Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A quick update

So, I had these plans over the holidays to share a bunch of really cool recipes that I'd developed with you all.  UNFORTUNATELY for me the Good Lord had other plans in mind.

On the 22nd of December my son came down with what seemed to be a pretty minor cold.  Until the fever hit on Christmas Eve.  By Christmas Day the fever wasn't going down no matter what we did so we ended up taking him to the ER.  After a VERY long wait where the patients ahead of us kept asking the hospital staff to skip them so we could be seen (and thank you if any of you read this, you were all sweet hearts), we finally got seen by a doctor for a total of about 30 seconds in which the doctor proclaimed my son had bronchitis, prescribed an anti-biotic, did not order the flu test like I had asked for when we went in, and that was that.  We went home and prayed that the antibiotic would do it's voodoo quickly and that my son would feel better. 

Which he did, finally, as of yesterday when his fever finally broke.  He's eating again, which is just so nice to see, the house has been cleaned (I valiantly sacrificed doing anything fun on my birthday to get the house cleaned ;) and the worry has finally subsided.  So, now the exhaustion has kicked in for me.  Not fun, but I can deal with that.

So, in short, I will get back to the usual blogging (and take down the holiday decor) in the next couple of days if everything goes well. 

And I certainly hope that your holidays went better than ours did!

1 comment:

The Sequin Singer said...

Oh no! I hope you get some rest and that you stay healthy!