Okay, so in this series of recipes on fall I was trying to figure out something cool to throw in here and realized that I hadn't done a health and beauty recipe in a while. And did you know that pumpkin is great for your skin?
So, here you go folks! One recipe for pumpkin pie body scrub. Just remember...this stuff might SMELL good enough to eat, but with the salt in there...it wouldn't taste very good ;).
Pumpkin Pie Body Scrub (all natural ingredients)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (if you have sensitive skin use home made pumpkin puree)
- 2 TBS almond meal (go with a coarse grind almond meal if you can find it)
- 1 1/2 tsp. hemp seeds or flax seeds (flax works better, but I'm not sure what box mine are still packed in)
- 1 TBS honey (Go for local. It's just better)
- 1/4 cup salt (a coarse grain natural sea salt is best. Morton sells one that's really reasonably priced at pretty much every boxed store now)
- 1 tsp. coconut milk (if you have canned it really does work best here)
- Pinch of the following: Ground ginger (avoid if you have overly sensitive skin), cloves, allspice and cinnamon.
1. Whisk all ingredients together and place in a jar (I use a 1/2 pint mason jar for this).
2. Take into shower with you and scrub over your body. Avoid area around eyes.
3. Apply your favorite moisturizer after getting out of shower (try coconut oil if you can. It's a great moisturizer) and enjoy the wonderfulness that pumpkin can do for your skin.
Store in fridge when you're not using to avoid it growing unfavorable things. Will keep up to 3 weeks.
Want a moisturizing facial mask to apply that calls for pumpkin? Well here you go. Next time you want a quick facial mask mix this up fresh. I put this on my daughter and tried to convince her to model for me, but my usually photo loving daughter didn't want to have a picture taken with her being "orange", so she wouldn't do it *laugh*. Oh well, you can imagine a cool picture of a facial mask right?
Pumpkin Facial Mask
1. Mix together and spread over face. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse off.
- 2 TBS pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. coconut milk