Thursday, June 7, 2012

Blog Update (Important): An Extended Leave of Absence

So, this has been one heck of a week.  I've switched pediatricians, run around like a chicken with my head cut off (thus the lack of blogging) and MOST importantly yesterday we went to a nutritionist to discuss Alvah's losing weight since the food allergies hit.

It took three hours of talking to the nutritionist (who was VERY nice and very cool) and we've got a plan of attack to help Alvah eat more food.  The downside to this is that I have to be ON with him 24/7 for at least the next six weeks to keep this kiddo busy between meals and making sure he doesn't eat things he shouldn't (non food items, etc).  I've got to keep him busy between mealtimes and just generally work with him constantly.  Thus, I'm going to have to give up what passes for my life until further notice.

So, the one big thing I had to note is that I'm not going to have time to blog (I'm going to be lucky to have time to bake) and so folks, until further notice I'm going to have to put the blog on hold. 

I'm sure you all understand.  My son comes first and getting him to eat and stop losing weight, especially at age 3 1/2 is important.  So, I've got to get my mom on (more than I do now) and get this boy to eat.

So, until I "see" you all again, take care and God bless!

Erika @ Those Who Help Themselves

3 comments:

AkMom said...

Absolutely, Erica! Stay on that boy, let's get him fit and healthy!
Do what you have to do, we care.

Hope it works, and if you happen to get a moment, keep us posted.

Unknown said...

Erika, I have come across your blog and have enjoyed it. My children have many allergies. I have had some problems with weight gain. I am not sure what the allergies are but there is a formula called

Metagenics - Ultracare for Kids Medical Food Vanilla - 23 oz., you can find it on amazon. It is a low-allergy-potential rice protein for children with dairy, egg, gluten, corn protein, or soy protein sensitivities.

We go to AAI in Anchorage and our doctor had never heard about it. We give it to our daughter once a day. Some times I sprinkle it in her food or I am a chocolate milk with it by adding cocoa. Anyways thought I would pass it on if it is something your little guy can have. It is so hard when your kids can't eat very much and aren't getting the nutrition that they need.

Good luck and I hope your soon puts some weight on:)

Carolyn

Body Secrets By Britt said...

Hey Lady! Long time, no see! I was wondering if you had considered Chia seeds? Some of the research I had done suggested that Chia seeds might be gluten free. If they are, then these seeds provide mad crazy Protein and can also be used to make things like jelly/jam, etc. Hope your family is doing well!!!