I actually am eating these a lot lately as they are a super easy gluten free breakfast to grab and go with (been busy lately to say the least). And using the quinoa flakes they are pretty easy to digest compared to the lead ball effect that traditional granola bars have (at least to me...me and oatmeal have always sort of had a love-hate relationship).
Now to just convince my kids to eat them...
Super Yummy Oatless-nola Bars (Oat, peanut, gluten and corn free Granola Bars)
- 1 3/4 Cups Quinoa Flakes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or Palm Sugar
- 1/3 cup almond flour (I use Honeyville)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried fruit(s) of your choice (I used craisins and figs)
- 1 cup nuts of your choice (I used Blue Dimond Almonds as they're peanut free), chopped fine
- 1/2 Cup Perky's Crunchy Flax cereal (you can also used puffed rice cereal)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 Tbs. butter, melted or coconut oil (also melted)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 to 2 TBS Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line an 8×8 pan with foil or parchment paper (I used aluminum foil) and hit it with non-stick cooking spray (or just grease it, but be sure you grease it well).
3. Stir dry ingredients together well. Then, in another bowl whisk the liquid ingredients together.
4. Add the mixtures together (if the mixture is dry and sort of crumbly add a little bit of water until the mixture is sticky and sort of moist) and press it very firmly (note FIRMLY...this will help to keep the bars from falling apart on cutting later) into pan.
5. Bake for 25-35 minutes. They will be browned on the edges and a little on top but seem soft if you touch the center. Let cool completely before cutting. Wrap in waxed paper and store in an airtight container for about a week and then transfer to freezer.
Enjoy all! I know I am :).