Friday, May 18, 2012

DIY Taco Seasoning (Garlic Free)

I know, not an overly exciting photo.
So, this is one of those recipes that was sort of a list of a "need" more than a "want" when it came to garlic free seasonings.  So, I came up with this recipe and I have to say that it works well, gets the job done and my husband swears he can't tell the difference between this stuff and the stuff you buy at the stores.

Now mind you this DOES have several steps because you are going to have to make your own chili powder (commercial ones contain garlic).  So, here you go folks.  Enjoy :).

First you're going to need...

Garlic Free Chili Powder
  • 1 Tsp. Paprika 
  • 2 Tsp. Cumin 
  • 1 Tsp. Chile Powder (ground up dried chiles) 
  • 1 Tsp. Oregano 
  • 2 Tsp. Onion Powder 
Mix up all ingredients in a bowl and then store in an airtight container (I actually use tablespoons instead of teaspoons AND double the recipe on this since I go through chili powder like mad and I store it in an old salsa jar)Use within one year.

And now, onto the main event!

DIY Taco Seasoning (Garlic Free)

  • 1/4 cup garlic free chili powder (recipe above)
  • 1 1/2 Tsp. Cumin
  • 1 Tsp Oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. Paprika
  • 3 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp each salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and store in an airtight container.  Use as you would regular taco seasoning.

No comments: