Tuesday, March 30, 2010

OAMC Day: Upcoming...

Well, the first of the month is coming up very quickly and thus that means that the meals I had in the freezer are pretty much gone (and will be completely gone with the exception of the Sweet and Sour Pork by the end of the week), so I'm planning on holding another "Once a Month Cooking Day" later this week (once my freezer goes down below "still stuffed with bread and other things" status, which should be really soon).  I'm planning on doing a slightly more laid back agenda this time around, and trying to use things that I already have in the house (because I do not feel like spending loads of money right now) to cook with.  So, we'll see how it all goes.  I need to take stock of what I have in the house and what will take up the least amount of space, etc (and also take a poll with my husband on what dishes he liked last time and which ones he didn't, etc.).  So, stay tuned for the "master list" and of course a play by play of the cooking day as it unfolds in all of it's "awaiting schedule flub ups" glory ;).

And so, I'm off to tear apart my freezer and cupboards to see what I have to work with.  And in the meantime, no I haven't forgotten about the weekly deals.  My husband is home sick today, so I haven't had a lot of time to get online.  I'll get the Wal-Mart and Walgreens deals done as soon as I can, promise!

Enjoy the BEAUTIFUL day outside in the meantime! 

No comments: