Monday, November 2, 2009

Food Stamp Challenge recap...

Ooopsie. I know I sort of slid the last couple of days on giving a recap on what I ate, but with Halloween and all...it's been super busy here.

Anyway, let's do that quick recap shall we?

The last couple of days I've had coffee for breakfast with Orange Rolls (mmmm...orange rolls). I'm doing my best to make those last. I love those things.

For lunches I had Kashi cereal one day (well today), PB & Honey yesterday and a boiled egg the day before (wasn't really hungry the last couple of days what can I say)

Dinners: So far I've consumed...

The Pasta with Pumpkin and Sausage which to put it quite honestly was ucky. I did not like this at all, but I ate it. It calls for spices and I put those in, and I put the sausage in just like they said and everything and it STILL came out tasting like nothing. Seriously. The taste was not there. So, I had really grody orange pasta with a bite of sausage here and there. I won't be making it again.

We had crab last night with "True Lemon" mixed with butter and I used the leftover crab tonight to make Crab Rolls instead of lobster rolls. Eh...it wasn't BAD, but wasn't great either. For one I didn't get to make my home made potato chips like I wanted because it was getting too late, so I settled with white rice instead (which makes the sandwich taste sort of bland). The pickles were EXCELLENT with it. I also missed the "crunch and tang" of the fresh scallions, but the frozen onions weren't BAD defrosted in it. The biggest thing was that the lobster in the traditional rolls is much meatier so you get big chunks of meat. With the crab...eh...it would work better with King Crabmeat for sure. Overall, it was a bit of a disappointment, but it wasn't BAD by any stretch of the imagination.

I did go shopping (since I'm on a new week and thus another 34.47 would be rolling in I'm not going to worry too much about totals). All I got for groceries this week was 1 half gallon of milk (.79 after 1.00/2 coupon from Organic Valley), 1 quart chocolate milk (.39 after same coupon as before...don't ask me why this was cheaper than I got it last time...I don't have a CLUE how these things are reduced sometimes) a loaf of Ororowheat bread (reduced to 1.47), 1 dozen eggs .99, 1 bunch of bannanas (.89 since I only got 2...my kids haven't been big on eating these lately), 1 thing of yogurt (.29 reduced...smoothies are looking awesome this week with the other two things of yogurt I have), 6 "string cheese" .60 at the Wasilla Reopening sale, 1 can of tomato soup .12 at same sale...and yeah that was about it. We'll see how the rest of my "two week challenge" goes here, but I'm thinking I'm going to make it just fine =).

And that is what I've had for food and shopping the last couple of days. I'm going to see if I can get my daughter to go to sleep for the night (darn daylight savings time making me tired), so I will say enjoy the evening!

No comments: