Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Can coupons really work for you?





Okay, I got this e-mail today and just had to share...

"Hi,

I'm new to coupons. It seems like a lot of work and I'm wondering something. Does all this deal shopping and coupons pay off?

Paul"


Well, Paul, I tried to figure out a way to show you how much coupons has done for me in the past six months...but there's no picture that would be BIG enough to encompass everything that I've gotten for free or for less than a dollar (the cereal, BBQ sauce, Safety Swabs, Soap, Shampoo and other things wouldn't even fit on a table if I stacked them). So, I quickly went through my house (okay I grabbed the stack of things on my bookcase in my kitchen that I haven't gotten a chance to put away yet) and grabbed the things that I have recieved in the last two weeks or bought in the last two weeks that were free after coupons (some things like the tide I got free from overage on other coupons...same with the glade tin candles). I did forget to grab the free grab bag I got from the "Scraptique Boutique" as well as my free thing of lunchmeat (since my kid's were eating it at the time *laugh*) and one thing of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (because I ate it), AND a candle and refill (because I gave it to a friend to cheer her up). I'm also missing a few samples I got in the mail and stuff, but you get the idea.

The "proof is in the pudding" is the phrase I guess. Coupons and bargain hunting have definitely worked for me. Not only do I get a lot of things free that I would normally NOT buy because they were too expensive before I found coupons, I also have cut my grocery budget by 2/3 and am thinking of downsizing that in a few months. If you have any questions on what some of the deal match-ups to these things are, please feel free to ask. I am always willing to answer questions (but just to warn you a LOT of the deals are over...but don't worry there WILL be more!).

I pray that you stick with coupons. They really do make a difference in your budget and you WILL find it rewarding if you want it to be. Enjoy!

No comments: