Thursday, October 6, 2011

Health and Beauty Thursday: Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know a lot of you are like, "But where is the spa recipes?" and you will see more of those on Thursdays, but I also wanted to cover other health and beauty types of applications on Thursday too, so I changed it up a bit :).

Today I wanted to go over how to make your own hand sanitizer.  Why?  Well because cold season is upon us and I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not relishing the idea of being sick all winter long.

So, here's a couple of neat recipes to try.

E-How shows you how to make your own hand sanitizer HERE with a vodka base (and no vodka doesn't have a scent and yes it is recommended you use the cheap stuff for this).

If you have the materials you can try a recipe that dates back to the good old Black Death.  The Vinegar of Four Thieves dates back to grave robbers who used the concoction while robbing the graves of plague victims to stop themselves from succumbing to the illness (yeah disturbing I know).

Bulk Herb Store has a great little history of the concoction and also a recipe for it if you want to try it.  They even sell the herb mixture pre-ground if you want to go that route.  It also makes an excellent insect repellent from what I understand, so double bonus.

Enjoy!

No comments: