Thursday, March 8, 2012

Common Knowledge Thursday: How to Write a Resume

Image Source:  Wikipedia

I got an e-mail yesterday from one of our blog readers who is leaving her position as stay at home mom back to working mom after a whopping 17 years (good work on raising those kids, Mom!) and was asking if I could see if I could find a good resource for resume writing.

Well, all of my resume writing skills actually came from college where my Marketing Professor, Dr. Rich walked us through Resume writing (since he'd been a VP at one time for a pretty prestigious company I figured I'd better listen to him there ;).  It's been quite a while since I've had to write a resume too, so I went online to see if I could help all of you out on how to write a resume, since this really IS a common knowledge skill that everyone needs at one time or the other.

So, go HERE where How To Write a Resume.org seems to have a pretty good database to help you out.  They have samples of different types of resumes and they even have a resume builder you can use too (I'm NOT sure if it's free though since I don't need to use something like that yet).

Good luck in re-entering the workforce and good luck to all of you seeking employment!

No comments: