|Make it yourself! It's easy!!|
Home Made Magic Shell Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup Chocolate chips (or chopped up chocolate bars, whatever you like :)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil in it's solid state (or non-hydrogenated vegetable oil...you could even use Crisco if you like the taste of Crisco and/or aren't allergic to it).
- A bottle, plastic or glass, with a lid to store it in. Just be sure it can take heat without melting on you as you will have to reheat the mixture in either a water bath or in the microwave.
1. Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil in the microwave for approx. 1 minute or until everything is nice and melted (if you don't do the microwave thing, do this in a double boiler on the stove).
2. Stir everything to combine well (it will be runny!).
3. Store in bottle in the fridge. When ready to use reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds and then in 15 second intervals (or place it in a pan of hot water for a bit) to let the mixture re-melt and then pour over bowl of ice cream.
If you are going to use cones for this I'd just dribble the mixture onto the cone...it worked slick when I made one for my daughter :).
If you can't DO a lot of prepared chocolate (due to say, soy allergies or what not), you could also try taking a ratio of 1 part coconut oil to 2 parts cocoa powder and then adding powdered sugar to taste (home made powdered sugar if you need to). It should have the same effect, albeit not as creamy.