Friday, January 27, 2012

Eat Your Veggies: Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts and Zucchini Recipes to Try!

Thanks to Cooking in Cast Iron for use of the image!


I have been working HARD around here to get my husband to eat more veggies in an attempt to influence my "I've always hated veggies and show no desire to start liking them now" daughter.  She DID eat veggies when she was really small until my husband said that he thought veggies were icky in an off-handed attempt at humor one evening (note to parents:  DO NOT say this in front of a 1 1/2 year old unless you never want them to eat veggies again.  Seriously).  Now, she'll still eat fruit like a champ, but getting her to eat veggies...not so much.  My husband who believes that the world revolves around meat and starches has even started trying the veggie dishes I have been trying and LIKING them as of late (he even ate left over broccoli cheddar soup for lunch today!  woot!) so here's hoping we might influence the children to eat their veggies sometime soon.

Combine my want to "test the vegetable waters" with a want to cook as much as possible in cast iron for the sake of the "low in iron" son and you have where this recipe list came from :).

Go HERE where Cooking in Cast Iron shows you how to make Pan-Grilled Glazed Asparagus, Golden-Crusted Brussels Sprouts and Skillet Zucchini Gratin.

Enjoy!

No comments: