Thursday, January 19, 2012

Common Knowledge Thursday: Learn How to Knit

Thanks to Knittinghelp.com for use of the image!
I proudly state that I know how to knit...a straight LINE, but I know how to knit ;).  I taught myself to knit (with some help from my mom, but I did self teach a LOT of the way) a long while ago and still consider myself to be somewhat of a novice.  BUT, I do like knowing that I can knit a scarf if I want and that I can get creative knitting things like pot holders and such if I need to (buy used scarfs at yard sales and unravel them for CHEAP and a lot of times good quality yarn is a nice tip by the way :).  Knitted items also make awesome home made Christmas gifts if you want to go with a personal touch.

So, go HERE where Knitting Help.com has a series of free videos you can watch so you too can join the ranks of those who know how to knit!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

W2G! I taught myself how knit watching youtube. It was great. I used size 11 needles until I was comfortable and went down to whatever size I needed.

Try https://www.ravelry.com/account/login for all sorts of free patterns