Monday, September 12, 2011

DIY: 2 Ingredient Ice Cream (No Ice Cream Machine Needed)

Thanks to Our Best Bites for use of the photo!
This recipe looks like so much fun, is something you can do with the kids and it requires little equipment or ingredients.  Our Best Bites shows you HERE how to make ice cream with just whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk (you can add vanilla extract or other flavorings).  The neat part is that it doesn't require an ice cream maker.

This recipe contains DAIRY (I'm honestly not sure about gluten, because I don't have any sweetened condensed milk right now to check it for gluten).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

AKMommyJen said...

I saw this once before but have one even better hehe. Or so I think.
When bananas start to go brown I put them in the freezer whole for banana bread at a later point. Well then I found a frozen banana ice cream recipe and am in love.
I try and thaw the banana skin with my hands. Then I cut off the skin and cut it into chunky pieces, toss it in a food processor with whatever I want. I use chocolate powder for milk and peanut butter and a dash of milk. Process until whipped up together with no chunks. And wa-la yummy banana ice cream. Granted you can always use different ingredients, it is so yummy.

Alaskan Bargain Hunter said...

That's pretty cool! Or you could use some milk (milk alternative or whatever you use) and just turn it into a really yummy and nutritious smoothy too!

Thanks for sharing :).