Saturday, July 2, 2011

Baking Day July, Part 3: White Sauce and Soup

Chicken Noodle Soup Boiling Away
Okay, I'm officially wasted, but I got the last two things on my list for today done and in the freezer and the kids are in bed and my husband collapsed before I did.  I feel pretty good about that ;).

I decided at the last minute to just do a chicken and corn noodle soup instead of the rice soup, mainly due to the time it would take to cook the wild rice.  I just plain ran out of time once I got through playing server to the family (you know, "Mom, can I have popcorn?", "Could you get me something to drink?", etc :), so I got my last two things on my list done for today and called it good until tomorrow.  I still want to get some rice cooked and in the freezer for meals later, but that takes like five seconds of putting everything in the rice cooker and then five more seconds to switch it out to make the wild rice to throw into the freezer too.  I did add some garlic to the white sauce I made since whenever I use white sauce I'm ALWAYS making Alfredo sauce dishes, so I figured I'd save myself a bit of time there.

So, to recap, here's my final tally for today (don't worry, photos and recipes will come soon...I'm just tired and want to crash right now)...

1 Chicken and Rice Soup

1 Chicken Lo Mein

1 Freezer Mashed Potatoes

1 Bag Rhubarb diced and frozen

1 Bag broccoli cut up and frozen

 1 Recipes White Sauce (from the book Fix, Freeze, Take & Bake)

1 Recipe Apricot Glazed Chicken (from Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer: Great-Tasting Meals You Can Make Ahead)...still need to make glaze and I'm going to sub orange marmalade for the apricot preserves.  The glaze is SUPER yummy!  Holy cow my husband was trying to get me to cook it for dinner tonight but settled for tacos when I told him the chicken had to marinate more ;).

1 Whole Grain Gluten Free Bread (made from Bob's Red Mill Mix)
  The top fell in on this one a bit in the bread maker even though I followed the whole "must be at room temperature" rules thing.  It's not too bad though and hopefully it'll taste okay :).

1 French Onion Soup (from Don't Panic)  This ended up making two big freezer bags of soup, so enough for two meals, which is awesome!

1 thing Beef Seasoned/marinated for beef fajitas (from Don't Panic)

2 Recipes Taco Meat

1 Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free)

1 Recipe Cannelloni w/cheese sauce from (from Fix and Freeze...with modifications to use gluten free products)

pork fried rice (From Fix and Freeze)

Philly Beef Sandwich Meat Kit (My Recipe)

Peach Crisp (with gluten modifications from "Fix and Freeze")

Pancakes (from mix)

Beef Terriyaki

Minute Steaks

Tomorrow I hope to get the rest of my "list" done, but we'll see how busy I am and how tired I am.  Right now I'm very sore and tired *laugh*.  Well, good night everyone!

No comments: