Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tomorrow's Freezer Cooking Day Plan of Attack: A New Gluten Free Approach

Well, it's been an eventful time here in the AK Bargain Hunter household.  If you follow us on Facebook you'll quickly know what I'm talking about and if you don't...well why aren't you?  ;).  Seriously though, the most recent change that is going to affect this month's Freezer Cooking Day (which I've been NEEDING to do one of these for a long while now) is that my infant learning teacher suggested that we try switching my son to a gluten free diet to see if it will help with his developmental delays.  So, now that I've gotten my gluten free products in from Amazon.com and got the rest of my shopping done, I THINK I have a decent plan of attack for a freezer cooking day tomorrow.  Now mind you this is a TENTATIVE menu plan.  I'm probably going to end up winging a good portion of the day depending on how kids are doing.

So, anyway, here's the "Master List" of my cooking/baking/prepping plans for tomorrow...
COOKING DAY MASTER LIST

2 Recipes White Sauce (from the book Fix, Freeze, Take & Bake)

1 Recipe Apricot Glazed Chicken (from Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer: Great-Tasting Meals You Can Make Ahead)

1 Whole Grain Gluten Free Bread (made from Bob's Red Mill Mix)

1 French Onion Soup (from Don't Panic)...using frozen onions I have in freezer

1 thing Beef Seasoned/marinated for beef fajitas (from Don't Panic)

2 Recipes Taco Meat

1 Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free)

1 Recipe Cannelloni w/cheese sauce from (from Fix and Freeze...with modifications to use gluten free products)

pork fried rice (From Fix and Freeze)

Philly Beef Sandwich Meat Kit (from Fix and Freeze)

Peach Crisp (with gluten modifications from "Fix and Freeze")

Pancakes (from mix)

Beef Terriyaki Kit
So, overall I'd say that's a decent starting point to get going with.  I'll, of course, post pictures throughout the "adventure" and share my recipe variations as I come up with them.

So, here's hoping this first attempt at gluten free cooking doesn't end up in disaster!  Be here or be somewhere else ;).

No comments: