Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Upcoming Project!

Okay, I asked everyone on our Facebook page what their opinion was on doing a series of blogging articles on basically "Couponing for Beginners" and the response was very favorable (thanks for the e-mails too folks :). 

So, I'm in the works of trying to work on this series of articles and working on getting pictures to go with everything (since it's always so much easier to learn with picture accompaniment isn't it?).  So, stay tuned here in the coming weeks as I get everything tweaked and launched.  Just stick with me as this is the first time I've actually tried to do a "blogging series", so I'm still trying to tweak it a little bit.

I'm off to get another cup of coffee and to fold some laundry, so I will "see" you all later!  Enjoy your afternoon!

4 comments:

The Frozen Coupon said...

A few of my friends asked me to do one on my blog but I was thinking of going the video blogging way with it. It is so much information to type out. And I never know where to start.

Alaskan Bargain Hunter said...

I'm just going to start with the basics, "Why you will never save as much as people on Extreme Couponing", "What in the heck is Smartsource"...that type of thing and just work my way from there. I would do vlogging, but darn it I want people to be able to look at something in print...something they can even print out and READ if they need to. I'm also sort of torn on vlogging anyway because I have limited bandwidth every month on my DSL and I'm sure a lot of other people are too, so it's hard for me to make them download videos to watch.

But, I'm also "old school" internet. I remember the days when you couldn't upload more than a 24 KB image, IF you were lucky enough to own a scanner that is, because everyone modem wouldn't be able to download your page in less than an hour if you didn't keep you images to nill *laugh*, so I think I'm a bit biased ;).

The Frozen Coupon said...

Did you read this article? http://www.chicagoshopping.com/deals/frugalista/chicago-shopping-coupon-fraud-interview-with-coupon-information-corp,0,3526617,full.story I thought it was really interesting. I personally thought there was a lot of "coupon fraud" going on lately but I wanted to know what the issuers of the coupons considered to be fraud. I think I might actually print out this article.

Alaskan Bargain Hunter said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing the link. That's a really informative article. I'm glad that he reinforced that those of us who thought we were doing things the right way, WERE doing them the right way. I've always been somewhat worried that maybe we'd all just learned coupons wrong and were just all collectively doing something wrong because the computer systems at the store are so darn beep happy, but it's good to know that we're doing things the legal way :).

I'll definitely post this if you don't mind in a main post. I think everyone who uses coupons should probably read this.