OAMC March Master List
For The Freezer
- Easy to Stuff Manicotti x 2
- Farmhouse Chicken x 2
- Chicken Lo Mein x 2 (sans cabbage, which I either have in the freezer and can't find OR I will just pick some up later, dice it and throw it into the bag with the other veggies :).
- Refrigerator Pie x 1
- Easy Peach Pie x 1 (my recipe)
- Freezer Mashed Potatoes x 1 (hey I have cream cheese right ;)
- Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day recipe. Hope I can find room in my fridge for this...I bought a 6 quart rubbermaid shoebox for 1.00 at Fred Meyer just to try this out.
- Bread (I guess that's a big "duh" right ;). I want to try out my new bread mixes and maybe make a loaf of whole wheat bread to try out on the kids for toast (they like the Country Oven Whole Wheat bread so I'm hoping the home made stuff will be sufficient for them :). I don't want to make white bread (obviously) since I'm going to be making the Artisan Bread dough, but I want a LITTLE variety too.
As for the pantry/canning...I'm going to let it slide for right now to use up the rest of the home made soup I have in the pantry already and then I'm going to work on getting all new made come this Spring for next year...chili and the like. I'm going to do some experimenting to get rid of some of the things in my pantry that came with my house (like 15 bazillion cans of Chili Con Carne), so stick with me on that as time goes on as I try to find uses for that one lowly can of Hominy or Creamed Corn I find *laugh*.
I am planning the freezer cooking day to start tomorrow, so here's hoping all goes well there. I want to get my kids out to play today, so this afternoon is definitely out of the picture for freezer cooking. I hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather as much as we are :).