Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Guest Post: Mix N' Match Soup Recipe

Image Courtesy of Google

Britt, one of our blog readers, e-mailed me this very frugal, and yummy sounding recipe.  Check it out...

Mix 'N' Match Soup
(or Mix 'N' Match Goulash she tells me...depending how much liquid you boil off :)

Ingredient list

1lb browned ground burger
2-4c. elbow macaroni (depends on how noodly you like it) partially cooked
1 & 1/2c. corn
2 cans chili beans (I cheat)
2 cans tomato sauce
1-2c water (for simmering purposes)

Throw all that in a pot and season to taste. I use salt, pepper, garlic, onion, oregano, chili powder, lemon juice and tobasco to season. When the noodles are completely cooked, it's done.

I usually cook mine down so there's no liquid. It's awesome served with cheese, sour cream and fresh chopped onion on top. If you want to make a smaller portion (this will fill up the large pot/pan, halve everything but the meat).


Thanks for the recipe, Britt!

2 comments:

Life in My Land said...

Sounds good, I'll have to try this out.

Doin' It Myself said...

Hope it goes well for you guys. The first time I tried it, I was at a friends and her cupboard was bare, excepting the beans and such... so I pulled this thing together and it went over so well... One of those lucky compositions! LOL.