Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Update on weekly deals and a cool recipe to share...

Okay, first off, I want to apologize for the lack of posts the last couple of days.  My husband has been working nights, so when he's home during the day I feel like I should be focusing on all of us spending time with him and then when he's gone at night the kids are DEMANDING my attention because dad's not been home much the last week since he worked the weekend too (totally understandable).  So, I haven't had a lot of free time to do much more than play with my kids and try to get a small amount of housework done every day.  In my "free" time, I haven't had much more time than to lose every single online giveaway (Sobe has a giveaway going, the Kroger Summer of Savings, etc.)  I've entered daily and check to make sure there aren't any awesome coupons to print off.  On top of everything else I've been sick with allergies, so I haven't had ENERGY to do much more than running to the store for milk (and/or do a quick "coupon run") before I'm ready to curl up with a mug of tea and pray that we get a week of rain to make all of the pollen and dust get washed down the line a bit (I can't BELIEVE my allergies this year...I haven't had allergies act up this bad on me since I was 13.  That REALLY sucks!).

So, yeah there hasn't been much exciting going on around here, but it has put a significant monkey wrench in the gears for getting the weekly deals done.  I'll work on them when I can, but that's all I can say for now.  Sorry.  Once again life got in the way...although I really don't mind playing with my kids :).

And now, I'm off to once again deal with my cranky daughter (so this "phase" of temper tantrums ends when they have kids of their own I hope???) and try to make them happy with their lives for a little while.

In the mean time I was perusing my newsletter from Vocalpoint in my e-mail and they have the COOLEST recipe to try out!  How about chocolate covered strawberries in a popsicle format!!  And the original recipe even calls for Chocolate Soy Milk (not my thing, but chocolate milk...yeah I'm behind that ;) so it's super healthy for you too.  Check it out HERE

Enjoy the evening and happy "National Iced Tea Day" (thanks to The Frozen Coupon for pointing that out ;).

4 comments:

Mushermommy said...

What did you think of that Sobe Challenge? I thought their game was a bit inappropriate. Men in tighty-whiteys and being called a loser repeatedly didn't work for me. The Fred Meyers Challenge is more my speed but I just can't win at that game.

Alaskan Bargain Hunter said...

Yeah, I thought the Sobe Challenge was pretty tasteless myself. The Kroger one at least is pretty middle-of-the-road simple...now if I could just get the stupid program to let me win it....

Doin' It Myself said...

For the allergies, I suggest the Chlortabs from Walmart, if you haven't already tried them. My boyfriends mom gets FIERCE allergies to perfumes and smoke and... well, just about anything. LOL. She pops one of those suckers and it clears it up. It's less than $4 for a bottle of over 100, and her doctor turned her on to them when she was preggers. So if it's safe enough for a pregnant lady to take, then I'm all over it. LOL. What I like about them is that I don't get all the sinus drainage that accompanies most allergy-fighting meds. Either way, good luck!

Alaskan Bargain Hunter said...

Is there any type of drowsiness or anything associated with the Chlorotabs? Right now I'm taking absolutely 100% nothing other than tea for the allergies because I just plain CAN'T risk knocking myself loopy with medicines and stuff when my kids...well don't sleep. I'd LOVE to try this stuff if it doesn't have any odd side effects :).