Friday, June 4, 2010

OAMC May: An update...

Humph...why is it that whenever you think you have something worked out in your head it doesn't work out?  I WAS planning on doing as much OAMC tommorrow as possible, but the kicker is tommorrow happens to be my mother-in-law's birthday and my sister-in-law is organizing a party for her.  So, my morning/early afternoon is shot.  Blah ha! 

But, I figure I'll just put the clam chowder in the crock pot tommorrow morning (since basically I'm just cooking potatoes, celery and carrots all day...big whoop there) and then try to get that canned tommorrow night (since the 1/2 and 1/2 I bought on reduced earlier this week expired the 30th, so it's getting a LITTLE bit old.  Still smells fine, but I also don't want to keep pushing it back either).

So my updated list is looking like this...

TO CAN:

Clam Chowder
Pizza/Pasta sauce
Beef Stew
Chicken Soup (this one is sort of an "iffy" in my list)
Apple Jelly
Dandilion Honey (this is if I can get up the gumption to go and pick a huge bunch of dandilions)


To Freeze:

Easy to Stuff Manicotti x 1
Farmhouse Chicken x 1
Braided Crescent Dessert thingie x 1
Pizza Dough x 2
Marinated Chicken x 1

And that's about it for "freezer cooking" this month, mainly because I still have a decent amount of stuff in my freezer and I'm planning on doing more grilling than baking this month (it being summer and all :).

And there you have it folks.  My "updated list" as it were :).  Hopefully I'll be able to do my "mass cooking day" on Sunday, but I guess we shall see.  Stay tuned I guess.

No comments: