Monday, June 7, 2010

OAMC June: Day One Part 2...


Well the tomato sauce is out of the canner and all of the jars sealed :).  So, that's definitely a good thing.  Especially since I think I accidently stuck two lids on one jar.  I'll have to wait until they cool to figure out that one out *laugh*, but at least all the jars sealed up okay.

I took a break from cooking to get lunch ready for the kids and then I ended up having to field a little boy who went on "I need a nap because I didn't sleep last night" meltdown.  I'm hoping Armina will go down for an early nap and let me take one *huge yawn*, but I'm not counting on it. 

In other news I found my cinnamon stick too *laugh*, so that's a good thing.  I think next up I'm going to work on getting some type of stew cooking in the slow cooker.  That way if I end up having to field cranky kids I won't have to worry about watching a canner's pressure too much for a while :).  The clam chowder should really only take 1/2 an hour to make and the jelly, if I don't get to it today, will keep until tommorrow.

So, onto the next project for today!

No comments: