Monday, May 3, 2010

OAMC May: Day One Part One...



Well, it took me a LOT longer than I planned on getting my list done (I had to go online and dig up some recipes) and get my kitchen cleaned up and sparkly, but I did get it done *whew* and got my beef stew on to cook (it got put on a little later than I planned on, but I think it'll work out okay to can still tonight).  I'm probably going to do two days of canning soups, because I found a recipe in the Williams and Sonoma Kids Cookbook for tomato soup (I LOVE tomato soup with cheese tortillas *drool*) and it takes diced tomatoes and tomato paste...guess which two things I have coming out my EARS in my pantry that I've gotten for free or close to the last year?  You guessed it :).

I also got the ribs I got on reduced at Carrs in the oven (one in just jarred BBQ sauce and a couple of others with different recipes that I'll link to here in a minute).

But, anyhow, here's my new revised list for today (and possibly tommorrow). 

OAMC May Master List

Sesame Beef Ribs x 1
(took 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons sesame seeds as well as about 1 tablespoon sesame oil, mixed into sauce and poured over beef ribs.  Currently baking in oven)

Oven Baked Beef Ribs x 1
(I took the dry rub and put that on the meat and then mixed a good portion with some oil and some white wine and poured that on top to help moisten and reseason since I'm not going to do the "basting every fifteen minutes" thing).

BBQ Beef Ribs x 1

Moose Backstrap marinated in Steak Sauce x 1 (I just stole Alton Brown's Steak Sauce recipe for the marinade :).  These are just getting stuck in the marinade and then back into the freezer they go.

Moose Marinade x 1 (moose is put in marinade and then stuck back in freezer for later)

Chewy Granola Bars x1

Peanut Butter Cookies x 1 (recipe from a cookbook...I'll write it down for you when I make them)

Chocolate Chip Cookies x 1 (recipe from package...yes I'm that lazy today ;)

Farmhouse (turkey) Casserole x 1

Easy to Stuff Manicotti x 1

Chicken/turkey Pot Pie x 1 (minus topping)

Cheesy Chicken/turkey Rice Casserole x 1 (maybe...I'm still sort of torn between that and the pot pie)

Beef Stew (in crockpot and jarred)

Tomato Soup (cooked and jarred)

Rice x 2

Crescent Roll Recipes (I'll get into those later :)

I'm off to take some ribs out of the oven and then get kids down for naps, so until next update!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm assuming you're canning your stew in a pressure cooker...I'm in the market for one. What kind do you have? Do you like it?

Alaskan Bargain Hunter said...

I have a Presto like 27 or 28 quart pressure canner (my mother-in-law got it on clearance at Wal-Mart for all the extended family one year for like literally 15.00 a pressure canner) and I absolutely love it. The only drawback with the thing is that it is HUGE, but if I ever need to can some moose meat or something I think I'll be set *laugh*.