Monday, May 3, 2010

OAMC May: Day One Part 2...


Well the ribs came out of the oven looking mighty tasty.  I tried all three and the BBQ ones and the Sesame ones were darn tasty, but the other ones with the dry rub on them didn't taste like much...they tasted like they needed more seasoning or something.  But, that's okay...I can mess with a sauce when I serve them.  All three batches are currently in the freezer.


The Chewy Granola Bars went into the oven tasting awesome (I tried more than a little batter), but I if the little bit of cake I got off the bottom of the pan is any indication of the final product....eh it needed a lot more peanut butter or something.  I'm hoping the bit I got was just a bland bit, but I guess I'll see after they are cooled and cut.

I got the peanut butter cookies done with no mishaps.  I did have a side project I had to do.  I accidently exploded a thing of orange juice concentrate on my counter (just please don't ask *slight laugh*) and managed to get most of it into a bowl at which point I tried to figure out what to do with it.  My fridge is currently housing masses of strawberries and other stuff so I had no room to MAKE a thing of orange juice.  Luckily for me I remembered that Money Saving Mom was making Frozen Fruit Cups .  I didn't have all of the ingredients so I ended up using a half batch recipe, using one container of Orange Juice Concentrate and instead of using a thing of lemonade concentrate I just added an envelope of the Hawaiin Punch "Berry Lemonade" (or whatever it is) sugar free powder I have.  I then used a thing of tropical fruit coctail I had in the pantry and one can of crushed pineapple.  I also didn't have 3 firm ripe bannanas (as a half batch would call for), but I did have 3 very ripe ones, so I used those.  I then put the mixture into my oversized muffin tin and am letting six of them freeze right now.  I'm hoping that they actually freeze solid so I can just pop them out of said muffin tin and into a plastic bag, but we shall see how it goes.

I then made up the chocolate chip cookies following the directions on the Hershey Chocolate Chip bag and wasn't happy with how very soft, almost liquidy the dough turned out to be.  I just knew that if I baked that I'd end up with one big cookie and an inconsistent cooking on the cookie at that, so I just poured it into a 9x13 pan and am making cookie bars.  We'll see how those turn out.  At least I have 2 dozen peanut butter cookies if nothing else right?

And now, I'm going out to play with my kids for an hour and them come in and get back to it :).

No comments: